YRNCS is organizing three events at CCS’17 this year:
CCS WARMUP: for the fourth year the WarmUP is back! After Barcelona, Lucca and Amsterdam: with 3 great lecturers and lots of participants Flash Talks, we are gearing for a great pre-conference weekend!
JOB FAIR: Looking for job? Come join the YRNCS Job Fair on Monday 18/9 at 7pm at the Cancun International Convention Center !
Got a job opening? Drop us an email with the ad at email@example.com and we’ll put it in the new Jobs Booklet release 🙂
PANEL DISCUSSION SESSION: Have burning questions about your career/the way scientific community work/how to balance science and life? #YRNCSpanel on Tuesday 19/9 at 7pm is there to help you get some of these answers!
Questions from previous years include:
- How is it like to be a young researcher working on Complex Systems?
- What are the possibilities opening ahead?
- How would a young researcher make the choice on which field of Complex Systems to work on?
- What are the decisions he/she has to take?
- Is there a safe – easy route?
- How can he/she become a successful researcher?
- What is the advice senior researchers and professors would give to young researchers?
- What are the main topics scientists on complex systems work on?
- How are different scientific fields united to serve the science of complex systems?
- How to deal with gender issue in science?
- How do you balance career and life?
- Who is a complex system scientist?
- Pros and cons of private sector vs academic positions?